Thursday, February 14, 2008

Meet Lauren...



She interviewed Robin Jones Gunn last month, well she's back today to share a little bit about herself.

Have you watched a good movie you'd recommend? Or listened to a good song? Or read a good book? What did you like about it? Why?

I like a lot of movies and most songs (but the sound track for Across the Universe is very good).

To date or not to date? How far is too far? How do you know when you've found Mr. Right? Send me your questions OR offer advice!

Too far is when you feel uncomfortable, and are past your moral goal for that date. If you don't want to kiss that night, and you get in a situation where you might kiss and you feel uncomfortable, then you kiss. That is too far. How do you know when you've met Mr. Right?

Do you have any tips for healthy food? Exercising?

Some good tips for exercising is doing it with a friend. They laugh and have fun with you. For health food, just eat what is recommended. A good web site to see how much you personally should eat is http://www.mypyramid.gov/ this is great because it personalizes just for you!

How do you deal with body image in a world that obsessed with thin and sexy? What advice do you have for others?

I work out and eat well so when I think I'm "fat" I know I am actually not, because I am doing what is good for my body. Also, I go to church. honestly, if I weren't a Christian I don't know what I would do about body image.

What is your favorite .... (fill in the blank). Here are some to get you started. Bible verse, Color, Food, TV show, actor?

Bible verse: John 11:35 Jesus wept. I love that because it truly shows that God came to the earth to be there for us.
Color:
yellow
Food: sweet potato casserol
TV show: Scrubs


What is something you want to learn to do? Where is some place you want to go? Do you set goals for yourself? What do you hope for your future?

Learn to do: Sky Dive
Place to go: Australia
Goals: I set small and big goals. A small goal is to finish my homework tonight so I can watch a TV show. A large goal is to make good enough grades to get into college with a scholarship.


What does being a Christian look like in the real world? How do you cope? What do you struggle with? How do you connect with God day-by-day?

In the real world people are mean to people who believe in God. I cope by praying all day long. I struggle with not going into the trends like showing my mid-driff, or cursing, or gossiping. Day-by-day I read my bible and pray. My best friend is also a Christian and my small group goes to my school. Also, on Tuesday mornings at 6:30 am (EARLY) haha, FCA is a group that meets at my school. There I can hang and talk with other Christians who care about the Lord as much as I do.

Tell a joke. Share a cool saying ... the sky's the limit!

He died for me I live for him
next time you think your perfect, try walking on water


Do you struggle with parents? Friends? a boyfriend? Siblings? Do you have any questions about relationships you'd like answered?

Parents: I don't really fight with my dad, we get along well. My mom and I fight sometimes.
Friends: I get annoyed with them sometimes, but we don't fight, I keep to myself
Boyfriend: I don't have one
Siblings: I don't fight with my sister, when we do, its only because we are fighting to fight. haha





Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

No comments: