Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New Holiday

Today, I am making a new holiday! Yes, I decided that on my own, and I think you'll want to add it to your calendar.

BE A FRIEND DAY.

I got started thinking about this when I read the 'thoughts from the editor' from the Feb. 08 Issue of Christian Single (which is a great magazine that I read even though I'm not single!) Anyway, the editor, Larissa Amanlt was talking about the struggle of trying to keep up with all her friends ... and the problem of added one more. Yet how can we say no to one more friend? I know I can't. Here is what Larissa said:

"I'm learning something here that's coming as quite a shock--friendship is not all about me. It's not cramming my schedule with people who make me feel full, but it's stepping out on a limb for someone who might need it more than I do ... realizing that a small piece of my time could make a difference in someone else's life gave me a change of heart."

So on BE A FRIEND DAY the task is to schedule time with someone new--someone God has placed on your heart. It can be going out for a cup of coffee or just chatting on the phone. Either way, be the friend ... be the difference!

And ... if you have a few minutes email THIS FRIEND and let me know how it went. I'd love to hear!


Stop Lurking! Every week I will draw names for a free Tricia Goyer book from those who comment on my blogs. Winner's choice! Tell your friends.

No comments: